"Zartonk-89” is a non-governmental organization, which operates throughout the Republic of Armenia founded in 1989 and registered as an NGO with the Ministry of Justice in 1996. In 1988 after the earthquake, when the north part of Armenia was ruined and also Kharabagh war about 2400 children were parentless and the organization began to assist those children solving all the problems. Since 1989, Zartonk-89 has been actively engaged in the promotion of health, education, environment and social assistance for needy segments of the rural and urban children and teenagers in Armenia. The active support and creativity of our partners and local volunteers have made it possible to extend its presence to other regions of Armenia; to date there are branches of our NGO all over the country.
"Zartonk -89" is a charitable organization that seeks educational, social, health, environmental and charitable projects to support vulnerable children, adolescents and young adults with the mental, physical and spiritual development and life improvement. Our mission is to improve the lives and protect the rights of parentless and needy children, teenagers and youth in Armenia. In order to achieve our mission, we implement various educational, social, and health projects focused on improving the mental, physical and social skills of children and teenagers and on building their self-esteem. The organization also assists rural and urban communities of the country. In addition, we have implemented several development projects that benefit entire communities. The age group of people that our organization wants to reach out to mainly consists of youth between the ages of 14-20 years old.
• To help the most vulnerable groups of children, adolescents and youth in regards to education, health and social aspects of accumulated problems.
• Implement educational, social, health, environmental protection, community development, as well as contributing to the strengthening of programs.
• To promote intercultural learning and dialogue, as well as the development of the culture of peace, tolerance and the spread of the world.
• Develop cooperation and networks between international and local organizations.
• To contribute to finding a solution to the problems faced by youth as well as legal awareness.
• To contribute to the establishment of democracy throughout the country and improve the people's living conditions.